Wednesday, January 21, 2009

writing metaphor

My writing process is like a person catching a wave on a boogie board. There are many small waves that come but you know they aren't the one great wave. That is similar to the many small ideas I have when brainstorming about a paper I  need to write. I will think of many different thesis's but none of them are that one great thesis, just like none of the small waves are that one great wave that will bring the rider to the shore. When I do think of that great thesis, it is smooth riding. Just like as the person catches that one great wave and rides it smoothly all the way to shore. There might be some bumps while riding the wave, just like how sometimes I get stuck and can't think of what to write next in a paper, but just as the rider know that the wave will bring him or her to shore, I know that my thesis will allow me to write a great paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment