Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Othello

In the play "Othello", one of the characters is named Iago.  Iago is the most cunning and manipulative character in the play by far.  Reading some of the things that Iago makes the other characters believe made me wonder if there were people like that in the real world.  I am fairly certain that there are some people like that, but then I questioned if I knew any of them.  None of the characters could really know the true Iago because he acted differently when he was in their presence and when he was not.  It was not until the end of the play that the other characters came to know the true Iago and his ways.  But if it were not for Emilia, then the characters would have never know Iago's true character.  I can only hope that there are people like Emilia in the world that can catch the people who are manipulating people and call them out on it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment